THREE LOOK-ALIKE SISTERS IN RIVER FALLS, WISCONSIN

This cabinet card is a portrait of three sisters with a strong family resemblance. The woman are attractive and nicely dressed. Note that the woman on the right is wearing a necktie, and the sister in the center has ribbons on her collar.  The photographer is W. F. Kellogg of River Falls, Wisconsin. The Kellogg studio was established in 1877 by Douglas Wright Kellogg (1840-1913). The studio was built on the southeast corner of Main and Walnut Street. In 1878, Douglas Kellogg sold the studio to to his older brother, Wilbur Fiske Kellogg (1836-1920). Wilbur Kellogg is the photographer who produced the above portrait. Another brother, John D. Kellogg operated a gallery in Red Wing, Minnesota from 1868 until 1899. Douglas Kellogg eventually moved to Reedsburg, Wisconsin and opened a gallery there. All three brothers were born in Danby, New York, and learned photography in Beaver  Dam, Wisconsin. Wilbur was a farmer prior to entering the photography business. In 1900, he was thought to be the oldest photographer in Wisconsin. When he sold the studio, Wilbur and his wife moved to Spokane, Washington. In 1899, he partnered with John R. Boals (1872-1959) to establish a photographic studio which was eventually sold to Stella Thayer (1875-1934).

WOMAN AND A BIG BOW IN ST. JOHNSBURY, VERMONT

This cabinet card is an image of a young woman with a very large bow on her collar. She has short hair or it is pulled back behind her head. The photographer is Kellogg of St. Johnsbury, Vermont.

Published in: on July 13, 2010 at 4:09 pm  Leave a Comment  
Tags: , , ,
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 534 other followers